Friday, March 12, 2010

(censored)

With reference to this article in TOI.
Sena attacks BNHS (Bombay Natural History Society) for Bombay in its name.
I don't express using bad words. I do not have any other words to express my feelings.
But I have few questions.

After all the vandalizing of a heritage institution, some Mr. Sakpal says, 'they should respect local sentiments.' What do you know about the word 'respect'?

If all this is done for 'Marathi' or 'Marathi manoos', why does it make me angry instead of happy? I am marathi, aren't I? Why am I disturbed?

Do I need to get my degree certificate changed if it has 'University of Bombay' in it? Or will they tear it off?

Marathi is very rich in literature. How many of non-marathis know about it? How many marathis know about it? Who is taking care of this issue?

One of my friends used to accuse me of talking to a marathi friend in marathi in her presence, even if she were not part of the topic. She insisted we talk in hindi. I used to tell her you can also talk to your friends in language of your choice when I am not part of the discussion. But she knew only hindi! Our debate never reached anywhere. WHY?

There are many more questions. And we can find some 'useful' and 'constructive' solutions only if we accept we don't know them!

No comments: