Wednesday, March 17, 2010

8:02am - 8:37am

March 17, 2010 8:02am
1. Picked up the helmet, searched for the lock as usual and opend the door to leave for office.
2. Door, which opens inside, had a polythene milk fountain hanging from the door handle and a dog, that was drinking milk till now looked disturbed.
3. I realised, someone had kept the ground-floor staircase door open as usual today also, the dog happily came to fourth floor and tore the fresh milk polybags hanging from door handle. Rest of the action was natural.
4. With helmet in one hand and the lock in other, I quickly removed the milk bags from door handle and ran to the kitchen sink.
5. It didn't take more than few microseconds for me to calculate how much late I will be for office.
6. But it was wrong.
7. While all this was happening, somehow lot of milk had accumulated in my helmet and I HATED it!
8. I tried calling sid to inform him not to use the milk, but he didn't pick the phone as usual (I mean as usual in such situations).
9. With a handkerchief lining for the helmet, I left on my bike.
10. I liked the way my bike sounded today, or may be I was actually revving too much and going little too fast.
11. The road looked like it was holiday for everyone and I was the only one getting late for office as usual!
12. Even after lot of honking one activa uncle only adjusted his mirrors, looked at me in the mirror and refused to let me overtake as usual.
13. But he didn't know the dog-milk-helmet story, I managed to overtake through just-enough space leaving him blowing his horn for I don't know what.
14. Near my favourite shivranjani right turn, one homely and 'prosperous' office-goer balck-and-white holiday mood uncle standing in the middle of the raod felt my body language on the turn was too aggresive and I was going to kill him! Though there was more than lot of distance between us, may be 'the loud sound + bike lean angle' scared him and I felt really bad for him. I said 'sorry and forgive me god' inside my milk bathed helmet.
15. I was not late for office. :)
16. The interesting girl looked interesting as usual and the nicely dressed girl was nicely dressed as usual.
17. Wished 'good morning' to our 65 year young bengali colleague and he told some memory from his old time in old bombay as usual.
18. Didn't even realise then that he said 'Bombay'!
19. As I was entering studio, Mr. HS wished me 'good morning' with a face that successfully communicated "You better deliver that nonsense today".
20. Received some sweet mail from a sweet friend. :)
March 17, 2010 8:37am
Life is interesting, as usual!

5 comments:

Siddhartha Joshi said...

hahahaha man...its a tragic funny story :) u getting better and better in writing funny stories man!

and pls elaborate more on the last point, since u've titillated our curiosity by writing it on ur blog :)

bhavin said...

hahaha...
the sweet friend? ghosh yarr... sweet friend of almost every living being in NID.
:)

Siddhartha Joshi said...

every living being in NID? does that include me as well?

why is she shrouded in secrecy?

Nidhi Dang said...

really funny one bhavin....sid is rite u r getting better day by day... or maybe it was just the 'milk bathed helmet'.. ;) Actually I cud guess when u said sweet it had to be Mosh..who else sweets! So, sid it's Mosh!
But I am more curious bout is the 'interesting girl'?? ;)

bhavin said...

u r right dang.. and I already mentioned in my comment about ghosh. I think I hv to write such entertaining real life stuff to compensate the senti stuff on my blog!
:)
And thank s for sompliments both sid and dang!