Saturday, March 15, 2008

2nd of B'lore series: 'Sony World'

Sony world is literally a world in itself, a world full of memories, people and me! Throughout my six months stay in B’lore, there was not a single day without Sony world. Its much more than just a crossing or signal in koramangala, for me it was always a pause… no matter how small or big. I always had to stop and think or wonder what next! Not just because it was this junction from where I had two options to walk down to my room in Nidhi villa after coming back from office, but because it was this junction which decided how I was going to spend my evening that day!
The very first time I came across this name ‘Sony world’ was on the internet while searching for an accommodation in koramangala. Its mention in many addresses sure made me imagine this place as a very famous and big landmark in koramangala. And indeed this small Sony showroom has extended its neighborhood presence to a much bigger area which also includes other big landmarks like Mahindra Renault showroom exactly opposite to it, the Reebok showroom next to it, the adidas showroom, a nice and populated hanuman temple, subhiksha store and many more… But its only the name Sony world which everybody associates to this whole area… I wonder why? ‘Sony world’ sounds like absolute truth and all other places have mere relative existence like ‘near’ or ‘opposite to’ Sony world! Truth… like this … is beyond logic…
Ohh but this is not why this place is close to me.. its more for the memories it created during my stay in B’lore. After a lot of loneliness and frustration during my stay in REVA guest house, located million miles away from the B’lore population (or for that matter any population of human beings and all other animals), just the evening I shifted to my new room ‘near Sony world’ (hahaha), I got to meet meenu! and in a very surprising manner… Next day, on Sunday when I left room to explore the koramangala area, it was this Sony world where I saw shweta waving her hand at me!!!... There are countless surprises like this, associated with this place… most of them involving this guest appearance girl meenu! This is the place where you meet nice people whether you decide or not!....
I don’t know if it is just coincidence or what, but whomever I met in B’lore, at least once it was near Sony world! I have so much about this place in my mind that I can’t write everything but just pause, wonder and smile. This is the place which never did let me feel lonely or lost… I wish no matter where I go in the world, let there be a ‘Sony world’… ‘cause there is nothing like meeting surprises!!!...

2 comments:

Di said...

Nice post. It has actually inspired me to write something a similar post about the landmark near my home :-).Thanks for the inspiration!

bhavin said...

:)
Good.
Actually I had listed few more places to write about, but could write only about Sony World and Shanthi Sagar.
It's interesting to experience some places going beyond 'locations' with time in your life. Isn't it?