Sunday, November 15, 2009

Cigarette smoking is injurious to health

and so is walking on the parapet of my 7 storey building terrace,
or riding my bike standing on the seat,
or watching sun set, sitting on the edge of cliff,
or catching a running train,
or crossing the road in front of a speeding car,
and many other 'challenging' things we young ones do!
Yes, I am young, I am cool, I love thrills!
So what do you expect when you tell me,
"Cigarette smoking is injurious to health"?
(inspired by the 'truth' campaign run by arnold Worldwide of Boston and Crispin Porter &Bogusky of Miami against tobacco)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is a difference between injuring health and doing risky activities.

Everything you listed will not injure your health unless you make a mistake. Smoking Cigarettes will always harm your health.

So what do you expect when you tell me that crossing the road in front of cars is injuring my health?

Learn the difference between injury and risk.

bhavin said...

Hi Chris,
It's very nice to read comments from people who are clear about what they think. Thank you. :)
The difference you have pointed out is very right and I really want all those young/new smokers to understand this difference. Sadly there are lot of them who think injurious and risky are equally 'cool'. This is the reason (may be) that tobacco manufacturers don't mind mentioning it on the packaging! It actually helps them to sell more! So when they say 'Cigarette smoking is injurious to health', the truth... the purpose is something else!

You may also like to read the other post on similar topic here
http://besigns.blogspot.com/2009/07/design-concerns.html

thank you and keep commenting.