Tuesday, August 04, 2009

My 10,000 km on Yamaha FZ 16 :)

4th Nov 2008 - 4th Aug 2009.
9 months 10,000 km Rs 10,000 of petrol!
everyday morning trips to office. :)
Dholka, Thol lake, Indroda nature park, Adalaj, Hathisinh temple, few aimless night rides. :)
photography (sadly I haven't clicked her enough properly, still searching for the dream model ;)
Top speed ride to Gandhinagar for Tabala concert.
one frightening oily skid recovery, :o
Please don't cut trees, they fall on bikes costing Rs. 3000 :(
my favourite slow turns, one crazy hairpin leaving NID parking challenging maximum lean angles. ;)
little tyre burnouts, hard front braking and clutchless gear-shifts (but still no stopies!) :(
everyday fast overtakes from Neharu circle to Shivaranjani bridge ;)
some of them causing my heart to beat as hard as enfield.
my pillion riders (almost everyone I wanted to be) ...... ;)
my dream pillion riders (menaka if not keira knightley) hehehehe ;)
Waiting for winter again, Modhera, Nal sarovar, Munsar tank still on plan only... :(
still planning for new paint scheme, performance kit, silencer etc
wish Vijay, Akash, sanjeev were around for unplanned trips... :(
Anyway now that I know her quite well, should take the experience few steps up ;)

Following is a video of my trip with Poorva on the never-ending thorny road (?) around Thol lake. The lack of road is quite visible, but it was a very amazing experience to ride to go nowhere....

7 comments:

Nidhi Dang said...

my pillion riders (almost everyone I wanted to be) ...... ;)........ yeh like?? ;)
my dream pillion riders (menaka if not keira knightley) hehehehe ;)..... still nt ovr her?? aim higher!!;)

bhavin said...

shhhhhhhhhhhh....
;)

Siddhartha Joshi said...

cool post!

and yes "almost everyone i wanted to be". this is a revelation ;)

but yes we have many more trips to make (of course me on my oldy goldy victor), we need to pick up on the momentum like last year!

and meneka...aha ;) where r the apsaras? all seems to be missing (except, the biggie tilotamma.one and the alien look-alike tilotamma.two)

Pratima Khadke said...

hehheheheh very cool post man! bhavin i can imagine all the words u hv wriiten and quite loved the combo of menaka and keira ..im still laughing.. may u make all the journeys unplanned and hv all apasaras n more ;) as pillion riders... will u allow me to be one of them?? ur standards are very high for pillion riders:)

bhavin said...

@sid: amen :)
@pratima: one of them? u mean apsaras? hahahahahah... and yes, my standards are little high and stringent, just like my bike's pillion seat itself! ;)
(btw do u also know who menaka is?)

Siddhartha Joshi said...

@bhavin: i think now everyone knows about the apsaras, we should next post their pics with a small bio for all future references for new blog readers :)

Nidhi Dang said...

@sid: this can be quite controversial!! I guess d apsara union will be completely against it, Beware;)
@bhavin: forgot to mention....had a gud laugh!! wasn't i supposed to model?;)