Thursday, August 27, 2009

Are you watching closely?

Yesterday, I gave up!
Yesterday, I decided to stop fooling myself.
One of the few things I did, was to change the morning alarm time from 5:40am to 6:30am.
I watched this movie 'The prestige', which just helped me to understands something in a little better way.
Life, as a trick, can be described in 3 stages. In the first satge, you see something, something you feel, can belong to you, to make your life better. In the second stage, you find 'that something' just doesn't exist, doesn't exist for you! But you are not fully surprised yet, rightly because in the third stage, you get that 'something' back! If you were watching closely, you would have found it's not the same thing you wanted in the first stage! It's illusion! But life, like magic, succeeds in surprising you, because you want to be surprised, you want to be fooled!
I have stopped fooling myself, if at all I am not doing so right now!
Are you watching closely?

11 comments:

Siddhartha Joshi said...

liked the post...just as i liked the movie also :)

and watching closely? well i guess that's one thing we never ever do...

Nidhi Dang said...

wht?? I m lost ........help me...... ;)

Nidhi Dang said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Siddhartha Joshi said...

u need to watch the movie for that :)

bhavin said...

@nidhi: you are the target audience for this post ;)

Nidhi Dang said...

@sid:Ya, even i thought so!:)
@bhavin: doesn't help if d target audience is left confused.... ;)

Nidhi Dang said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shivani Gakhar said...

It's a beautiful movie. Never thought about it in the context of real life after that though. This is interesting..

bhavin said...

@shivani: yes it's interesting... just like life! ;)

Pratima Khadke said...

nice one... i hv to wathc the movie nw

Akshay Sharma said...

brilliant analogy.. loved it..