Thursday, December 18, 2008

The fastest woman in the world on two wheels....


The 32-year-old Leslie Porterfield, who rode her modified Suzuki Hayabusa at the BUB Motorcycle Speed Trials, hitting an impressive 374.715km/h is now officially the fastest female motorcyclist in the US. Leslie, who’s broken various land speed records and who’s actually the first woman to enter the Bonneville 200mph Club on a conventional motorcycle, has been riding bikes for 16 years.
‘I’m hopelessly hooked on motorcycles – I truly love motorcycles and the people involved in motorcycling,’ says Leslie, who’s also an entrepreneur and owns High Five Cycles, a used motorcycles dealership in Dallas.
On her everyday street rides
"I have several bikes. Most of the time I ride my 2008 CBR1000, or my Ducati 998. I also have a CRF450 motard bike that I zip through town on. It's such a hooligan bike! I try to keep my high speed on the salt at Bonneville. I will say that I've had a few too many speeding tickets, and maybe one or two in the triple digits. But that was a long time ago!"
Yo Leslie!!!!
:)
(from FasterAndFaster blog)

No comments: