Thursday, December 31, 2009

make NEW mistakes

I am sure I have made many many mistakes, but these are the ones I remember clearly because they have changed me as a person.

1994, 8th standard, the oldest (so called) mistake I remember. We shifted to Kalyan, and my new school headmaster offered me entry to scholar's division, so that I could opt for Sanskrit increasing my chances to be in merit list!! But I had to mug up a lot... nooo wayyy. I went for C division, Hindi and the headmaster thought I am making a mistake. But I made some nice friends who made me realise there is much more to school than studying!!! That's the place where I started enjoying, understanding sketching and drawing ... :)

1997, 11th std. almost similar situation again, another so called mistake!

1999, This time my parents said I am making a mistake, I left my MBBS admission and went for mechanical engineering! But I enjoyed. :)

2003, finished B.E., One more mistake and decided to take a break at the very beginning of my career! I had to do something more to be part of research and development. Came to know about Product design, NID, IDC. Wanted to go to IISc. Failed, did quality control for 1 year at Godrej. Ohh! and I also tried being salesman in a Maruti Suzuki showroom for some time. Left it telling myself I will come back as a designer. But that was the last time I felt so!!! :)

2005, Got admission to IISc, almost free! Mr. krishnan tried his best to convince me not to go for NID, but I went!!! To some extent he was right, I spent more time studying, still not finished with loan.... but I enjoyed, learnt a lot about relationships, life, people and design too!

2007, Went to Reva for a project and realised that I love 2 wheels not 4!, Mosh (B) almost torn me apart for not attending any automobile (or otherwise) company interview in campus, but I wanted to go for electric 2 wheelers! What to do?

2008, Finally I got it, but some experienced people there still told me I made a mistake! I decided to make it a good mistake... to some extent I did! Learnt a lot about many new things, though not all the expected ones! Came to know so much about myself!!! Somehow I am actually happy for that mistake now!

2008, Ohh I made one more mistake... still suffering, still happy! :)

2010, Long time... so much has accumulated... time to make a new mistake! May be the biggest so far, may be not!
:)

8 comments:

sunilsamuel said...

that's a good one

Siddhartha Joshi said...

hmmm...damn interesting! am now looking forward to the new mistake u make in life! wink wink!

kiran said...

I know Bhavin you are waiting to make 2-ten mistake ..... and I guess their is long list of people to make same mistake(Loving and caring mistake I guess !! )

bhavin said...

hahahahahah... good one kiran... but mostly imagination is not as strange as truth!

Neeru's Corner said...

One learns by making mistakes...does not mean one should stop them...keep making them :P....

Happy New Year - 2010 :)

Pratima Khadke said...

very good one !!

kiran said...

Hmm, Its true that one can learn by making mistakes, but doing same mistake is 'Big Mistake'.... though the kind of mistake Bhavin is going to make will be first and last mistake. :)yes na Bhavin !!

bhavin said...

it took a long, but i finally committed 'the mistake 2010'
:)