Friday, July 02, 2010

The Portfolio


It was my turn next.
I went in and wished Him good morning. Yes, I wished God good morning.
After the initial identification crosschecking, He thought for a while, and sitting in a relaxed posture, asked me the question,
"so, tell me something about yourself."
"I am your creation only! You are supposed to know everything about me, aren't you?"
"Yes, I know. But I want to know what 'you' think you have done in your life on earth."
" You know, I was very good in academics, I also worked for some good companies as an engineer in first years of my career. Then I managed teams of professional people and guided them to achieve organizathional goals. I was a good son, a good husband and..."
"Ok wait. Let me clear my question to you. Do you know why are you here?"
"Yes, to be interviewed for entry to the Heaven."
"Right! And I want to know, from you, why do you think you are the right candidate? I am interested more in the 'relevant experience'. What have you done for my other creations on the Earth? How many of those starving poor people got food from you? Did you save any life? Did you ever bring smile to the children who live in the slums near your skyscraper? How many trees did you save? How many animals? How many tears?How many people you think, have thanked you from the bottom of their heart so far? And why? How many smiles have you earned? How many people can come to me and tell they love you? To be precise in my question, how do you think you can help us perform better, achieve our goals here in the Heaven. How can you be a good addition to the God's team? Tell me"

5 comments:

Di said...

Nice interpretation :-)

Rama Ananth said...

Looks and sounds like a conversation with God. It is good, so did you come up with the expected answers ?
I feel we should put up a few smart questions to Him, and see how he easily escapes from them.
Well, I am Rama from Bangalore,come to my space, when you feel like.

bhavin said...

Expected answers... ummm... I think He asked me those question quite early. So I have some time to come up with the right answers!
:)
Welcome to my blog.
What smart questions?

kiran said...

Very nicely written Bhavin!! I liked it the way you have written. Infact for a moment I felt like i am the next Interviewee. But after getting clue from you about what God is going to ask for the entry in the Heaven.I am relieved and prepared to answer too. Now I will be happy to answer.

MAG said...

Nice post Bhavin..More importantly sometimes i feel what have you done in life to make you really happy?