Monday, June 07, 2010

Belated Happy B'day

For last 4 years or more, except Kiran, most of my beloved ones are trying their best to shift my b'day to 6th or 7th June. This year it was Shweta who woke me up at 12 am to be first to wish me happy b'day.... on 6th June! Last year or may be last to last year it was Divya who called to wish me belated happy b'day on my b'day itself! And an year or so before that, mosh (b) started wishing me from 2nd June everyday, so as not to not miss my actual b'day! My mom receives more calls from my friends to enquire about my actual b'day, than I receive for wishes!
Yes there are few more people like mosh (g) and pratima who play it safe and send the gifts also well in advance.... and it works! ;)
I was unaware of all the discussions going on in background, untill once some unexpected and relatively 'not so friends' people also wished me on wrong day because they had heard 'the discussions'!
There may be different reasons for forgetting my b'day for everyone and I don't know the exact reason, but today I take this opportunity to declare my b'day to be on 8th June. Wishes on any other days will also be appreciated and acknowledged if accompanied by some interesting and useful gifts! No, I don't expect everyone to stop trying to shift the date to some other earlier one... because it's fun!
But the reason is, I want this controversy to be recorded somewhere, so that when I become a great famous (and rich!) designer in future, there will be atleast one story to be talked about me, like all the great people!
;)

9 comments:

Siddhartha Joshi said...

thank god for the post bhavin...now i will refer to this post every time I am confused about your birthday date (which means every year).

i recall the confusion in delhi, mumbai, bangalore and everywhere else last year about your birthday. the mystery was finally resolved by aunty, by the way even ur bro told me that its 7th june :)

p.s. come back soon yaar, i missed the cake last night :(

Siddhartha Joshi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bhavin said...

hahahahah...
I know about the confusion vaguely!
And i also missed the cake!
At home we don't cut cake and all... we are more Indian about this still! A spoon (and then the bowl) of aamras, tilak and aashirwaad is the way to wish!
:)

kiran said...

Hmm.... thanks Bhavin for mentioning my Name in the safer zone along with Pratima n Moush G... But last to last year i was also damn confused about your b'date but managed to call you on exact day :)

I think for PD batch atleast the main reason of confusion is your and Vijays b'date's..

@sid: I know past 2-3 yrs.(or more?)you call me for date confirmation:) So here is the trick to remember the exact dates... Vijay is elder so his b'day is first :)

And yes " Bhavin !! Wish you happy b'day once again...." by the way how was Rajniti yday !!"

Siddhartha Joshi said...

kiran i do call u and its only this year that u gave me correct date :)

Neeru's Corner said...

Chee...I missed it...so sorry...Happy Belated Bday....Better late than never... :)

bhavin said...

hahahaha neeru.... u didnt miss it... its today! U are Divya's category!
:)
and thank u all.

Janaki Sincro Mulay said...

Belated Happy B'day Bhavin!:-)

bhavin said...

Thank u J.
:)