Wednesday, September 15, 2010

frustration sketches

This is an old concept we had in first few days of NID. I don't remember who named it so, but when we used to get frustrated while trying something worth showing someone, we used to do thes frustration sketches. The idea was to take your frustration out on paper, sketch (if you could call it that) with all the possible negative energy (!) and thinking of pencil as sword most of the time! The joy of showing the outcome (or merely of having finished the pencil or torn the paper etc) could help to get over the frustration! At least it was supposed to work like this :)Talked about this to poorva yesterday and today I felt I needed to do that for myself. The quality of these sketches is not so much enjoyable, may be because of 'not enough level of frustration' or may be because they look unnecessarily clean because of the 'hardware' (wacom tablet) used! :)nice exercise though! :)















10 comments:

Siddhartha Joshi said...

ah! i really like the fourth one, it seems this one represents me from inside :)

why so much frustrations buddy? hope u r not watching weird movies alone...

Siddhartha Joshi said...

and thr is one which looks like u also :)

bhavin said...

hahahaha... weird movies!!!!
havent watched movie for long time...
and which one looks like me? 4th itself? and why do u look like that from inside (be precise)?

M said...

wow :) all types :) you think i can name these faces? Can i pick one for my desktop ;) some of them are not really frustrating, I would say expressively in thought.

bhavin said...

hahaha... sure... would like to know the names! and my work is free for personal use! ;)

M said...

I like the 3rd one. can relate. I name it 'Madame Royale is furious'

bhavin said...

hehe, good one Madame! ;)

Neeru's Corner said...

I loved all of them.. Can I also copy them...They are very neat :)

bhavin said...

haha...yes... use them
:)

niarcane said...

they look like aliens in transition.