Thursday, September 23, 2010

9 months

This post (questionnaire) is dedicated to (aimed at) my expecting friends, wives of my colleagues and some relatives etc. Somehow there are many of them this time! (recession?) ;) Enlighten me.

How does it feel, to know that something is growing fast inside your body? Something that you WANT to grow, something that is completely dependent on you, your life, you breathing, your eating. Something that is as good as your own body part, something that will give you a new identity!
How does it feel, to know that when it is fully developed and ready to see the light, it will be the most painful time in your life! And you still want it to grow, the piece of your flesh, which is being nourished on 'your' food, blood, thoughts! How does it feel to wait for that day? The day when you will get the pain, life and identity!
How does it feel to know this, so much in advance? Something that is even slowing down the time, feeling each minute, kicking inside you slowly! Something that demands and gets all your attention, all the time!
How does it feel to know, this is the closest you can ever hold a life to yourself, your own life! Perhaps something much more precious than your own life, because you know, you had never touched your own belly with so much care and love before this! And you know how exactly it feels to exist and move around in an almost different body for few months!
What is that feeling, that you exerience till that day of 'light', amongst all those uncertainties and huge expectations? How does it feel to simultaneously know and not know something? How does it feel to know that only half the human beings can experience this? that is if you didn't consider a farmer's experience and situation worth comparing. The farmer who buries all his earnings in the soil and expects some life to emerge from there! The life that will probably save his life and few more!
How does it feel to end something good, expecting something better will start? And to be mentally ready, rather willing for it, 9 months in advance!

(update: Aakanksha gave me this link to a supposedly amazing video named 'in the womb'. Will watch it soon!)

11 comments:

aakanksha said...

It feels awesome.. miraculous and very powerful :) to be able to nurture a life just inside you. It becomes the world for you and one can never feel it until its actually in there! Nice write up... I can answer every question in it wid essay like answers.. hahaha. Its amazing to be a woman because only we can get a new life into this world ..over n over again! and surprisingly the 9 months is a warming up period to know what will life be after the life is out! I must say God is an awesum system designer :)

bhavin said...

hahaha... i will wait for ur answers to be posted on your blog!
Just finished watching the movie! its awesome!!! I should have watched it before writing this post!

Siddhartha Joshi said...

nice. i would like divya also to comment on this, would be nice to see that :)

but i guess its something that we as guys can only guess, but never fully understand.

bhavin said...

hmmmm... true....
divya is supposed to be ready with answers on monday!
:)

Janaki Sincro Mulay said...

Nice post!
:-)

Pratima Khadke said...

very simple and nice post:)

niarcane said...

extrememly sensitively written post and with mysterious air.There cannot be a bigger truth and feeling of you not being in a matrix but ALIVE.

Divya Dave said...

How does it feel.....It feel likes a Miracle! Hard to believe that there is something growing inside my body. It feels like an illusion. Ultrasound gives me a proof but is that real? How do I know for sure that yes, it has happened. Something that I really wanted to happen. But it is this indescribable inner bond that I feel, a constant inside-silent talk that I hold with the baby that assures me, “ yes, this is real and it is happening…”
I wanted to grow this life inside me, experience the most wonderful act of becoming a Mother! My baby thinks, eats, sleeps, drinks on me. It is me growing inside me. I was never so pure in my thoughts, my behaviour, my eating, and my sleeping but now, I am. I have looked outside this body, looked at the world around all this while, but now I am looking inside, deep inside and starting to know the inside world. It is amazing to know the life on the other side. It’s beautiful. I am rediscovering myself.
Yes, I know that when the baby is fully developed and ready to see the light, it indeed will be the most ‘physically’ painful time in my life. My baby that I will carry around for nine months, my own flesh would part ‘physically’ from me but then I will see it with my own eyes. The creation of God and how close a picture we (God and me) drew to my imagination. The day will come; it is destined to come, so I don’t long for it, I enjoy every moment right now. I want to live this life inside a life, this soul inside a soul. I feel proud and thank God for making me a woman and now a Mother. I perhaps was a good daughter but now I am a better one! So being a mother teaches you all those things you would not learn any other way.
The farmer buries all his earnings in the soil, but I have sown in the soil of my body. I can only try to put these feelings in words but not justify the entire cycle of emotions as it is much beyond words.
Thank you Bhavin, for this post as it gave my thoughts some more ‘food for thought.’

bhavin said...

such a beautiful comment Divya!!!
I dnt like it calling just a comment... its much more than even my post! :)
My best wishes for all the mothers-being-born.

Siddhartha Joshi said...

Wow Divya, this was absolutely beautiful! I am truly moved by your words.

I feel so short of words to write anymore...

काव्यामृत said...

Interesting topics and the comments as well!