Thursday, February 25, 2010

death of a dream

Some dreams cannot be replaced or forgotten or re-newed. Hummer was one such big dream, almost as big as hummer itself! I don't remember when I first saw it, must be long long ago, sometime back in my childhood, when I knew about very few automobiles. Like many childlike auto-enthusiasts I had been collecting its pics in the form of notebook covers to posters to desktop wallpapers, like true dreams this one has chased me till now. Probably because this is the only four wheeler I felt connected to, in any of its various forms!
I remember to have talked about hummers with many of my friends. Mosh had promised me that she will gift me Hummer (real one) on my 40th or 50th birthday. Both of us knew we may not afford it even then, but dream is a dream.
Today I read GM is shutting down Hummer production. I know they will still exist, but.... I still felt my almost impossible dream came to an unexpected end.
sad but true.

1 comment:

Siddhartha Joshi said...

truly sad bhavin...nothing worse than having a dream which will always remain unfulfilled.